Monday, November 5, 2007

Who are we kidding?

Isn't it funny that we have a TON of rules and Laws for how we SHOULD do things, but we don't!

Everyone knows that Fresh vegetables are good for you, but they eat McDonalds for lunch. Everyone knows the speed limit, but just use it as a General Guidline when driving. Everyone knows that watching too much TV is bad for you and your kids, but still watch about a billion hours a week.

For instance. You should brush and floss after every meal. We lie to our dentists and say we do, but in reality....well.....

I just ate my lunch. Leftover hamburger helper, soda, Jello, and a box of Hot Tamale Candy. Yummmy....I'll probably die of a heart attack, but Do I care? Do you think I'm going to the Restroom at work to Floss, Brush, do 50 situps and think happy thoughts? No way!

My day consists of constantly ignore what I SHOULD be doing and then doing what I should NOT be doing.

Yet, we all lie to ourselves and eachother. "You know, you should never trust a car dealer." EVERYONE knows that! But I would guess that if every one of us went to a car lot, we'd be all like "OOOO! Shiny!" and drive away with a car we can't afford, and didn't really need anyway. Not to mention that I KNOW you didn't read all 150 pages of contracts you signed! You simply scanned them, said..."hmmm, yes, this looks good to me..." and just pretended to read it. Don't lie!! I know you! Like the salesman really believed that you read that whole novel, and found it to your legal satisfaction!

Who are we fooling?

Oh yes officer, I couldn't have been doing more than 50! What? 85 you say? NO! I would never do that!

We tell our kids not to lie.... What if we told the truth?

You clocked me doing 85? You must have caught me after I slowed down! I gunned it around that slow old lady, and then punched it up to 90 to beat that stupid red light. I've got to get to Target before they close you know! I just got a Target card, and the limit is $500 and I can't WAIT to see how fast I can max it out!


I'm sure it's just me. None of you would EVER lie right?

I'm sure you had a nice lunch of plain salad then flossed, brushed , and stopped at the gym to work out, then drive 40mph home, with your seatbelt on, never talking on the phone, paying very close attention to traffic, used your signal, then spent quality time with your children, taught them a second language, made a nutritious meal of berries and nuts read them each a novel, and then went out and changed your oil, wiper blades, and smoke alarm batteries......right?

No comments: